Practicing 'DO YOU' Questions


Hi There!

The other day I practiced  'Do you' questions with my students,  using  FIRST OUT.


Using colored magnets


Target Language:

Purple    : Do you ....?
Orange  : Do you like to ...?
Pink : Do you want to ...?
Blue : Do you have to ...?
Green : Do you need to ...?

The students could use the questions 'as is' or, if they wanted, add 'every day', 'now' or 'after dinner'.

Answers varied from: 'yes, I do.'  and   'No, I don't.'

up to:        'Yes, I do. I want to do homework every day.'
                'No, I don't. I don't want to do homework.' 'I want to play video games.'



Another excellent game to practice 'like to', have to', 'want to' and 'need to' statements is SUPER DOMINO.

Purple    : I (don't) .... every day.
Orange  : I (don't) like to ... every day.
Pink : I (don't) want to ... after dinner.
Blue : I (don't) have to ... tomorrow.
Green : I (don't) need to ... now.


If you don't have colored magnets (I bought a set for a few hundred yen at the local stationery store) you can always use the solid Colored Coded Cards that come with LMQ and put those on the board.

Using the Color Coded Cards

Well, that's it for now.  I hope that this was helpful for you and if you have any questions or comments, feel free to use the comment space below....

If you are looking for more ideas/games to use with your students, be sure to check out the Thinking World Game Page.

See you next time!







Comments