Getting the Most Out of BINGO

Hi there!

This time we are going to use the LMQ cards to play Bingo instead of using the downloadable Bingo sheets.


HOW TO PLAY:

1. Select the cards you want to teach/review.

2. Split the cards into two stacks: One stack (eg. all green cards) for the teacher.
                                                      One stack (all other cards) for the students.

3. Give each student nine cards. (make sure they put them face -up in a 3x3 grid)



4. Use the *Target Language.  If somebody has one or more matching cards, (s)he can turn the card(s) over.

The person who has all cards turned over first, wins!   But... as with most LMQ games....  early finishers still have to use the Target Language until everybody is done....


The Target Language.

Here are a few ideas:

Teacher   : Watch TV!
Students  : Watch TV!  Yes! (or) No!

Teacher   : Are you watching TV?
Students  : Yes, I am! (or) No, I'm not!

Teacher   : Are you going to watching TV?
Students  : Yes, I am! (or) No, I'm not!

Teacher   : Do you like to watch TV?
Students  : Yes, I do! (or) No, I don't!

Teacher   : Do you want to watch TV?
Students  : Yes, I do! (or) No, I don't!

Teacher   : Did you watch TV yesterday?
Students  : Yes, I did! (or) No, I didn't!

Teacher   : Can you watch TV in your room / on your smartphone?
Students  : Yes, I can! (or) No, I can't!

(adding a time, an object or a location will make 'unusable'  questions 'usable'.

Teacher   : Do you think that watching TV is fun / a waste of time?
Students  : Yes, I do! (or) No, I don't!

Teacher   : What do you like to do?
Students  : I like to watch TV!



REVERSED:

In the video below, the students ask the teacher (me): What do you like to do? and then the students answer: Me too! (or) I don't! depending on their cards.



If you have any other ideas or suggestions, feel free to post them below!

Have fun and till next time!

Comments